Date: September 2014OMNI’s Jean Denious, PhD, will be presenting with Meg Williams from the Division of Criminal Justice on “Colorado’s State Funded Juvenile Diversion Program: Past and Current Trends,” at the National Association of Pretrial Service Agencies (NAPSA) Conference in Denver, CO in September 2014. For more information about NAPSA, please see www.napsa.org.
Blog Sort Order: 0
Date To Expire: 9/30/2014 1:55 PM
- Congratulations to Alexa Cares, MPH, and Jean Denious, PhD, of OMNI Institute, along with co-authors Elizabeth Pace, the Executive Director of Peer Assistance Services, and Lori Crane from the University of Colorado-Denver School of Public Health, who have had “Substance Use and Mental Illness Among Nurses: Workplace Warning Signs and Barriers to Seeking Assistance” accepted for publication in Substance Abuse, the official journal of the Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse (AMERSA).
Blog Sort Order: 1
Date To Expire: 5/1/2014 1:50 PM
- Please join us in congratulating Anu Atre, OMNI’s 2013-14 Colorado College Public Interest Fellow! After completing her year-long fellowship at OMNI Institute, Ms. Atre will be joining the International Rescue Committee in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, for a year-long position in their grants and program unit. We wish Ms. Atre continued success in pursuing her professional career in humanitarian work! Thank you for year of service with OMNI! For more information about Colorado College’s fellowship program, please see: http://www.coloradocollege.edu/offices/publicinterest/.
Blog Sort Order: 2
Date To Expire: 6/1/2014 1:50 PM
- On May 15th, Jean Denious, PhD, co-presented “Evaluation of Juvenile Diversion in Colorado – What Have We Learned?” with Meg Williams of the Colorado Division of Criminal Justice at the 2014 Colorado Collaborative Justice Conference. For more information about the conference, please see: http://www.courts.state.co.us/Administration/Program.cfm?Program=45.
Blog Sort Order: 3
Date To Expire: 5/1/2014 1:45 PM
- On April 16, 2014, the Colorado Outdoor Stewardship Coalition (COSC) held a legislative reception to promote dialogue about partnership opportunities between outdoor volunteer stewardship organizations and public land management agencies. This reception also marked the release of COSC’s newest report, “Caring for Colorado Public Lands: A Statewide Assessment to Inform Partnerships between Public Land Management Agencies and Volunteer Stewardship Organizations,” prepared by OMNI Institute. To see the report, please access: http://www.voc.org/publications-reports.
Blog Sort Order: 4
Date To Expire: 6/1/2014 1:45 PM
Date: March 20, 2014OMNI’s Jean Denious, PhD, co-presented the following Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention webinar with Meg Williams of the Division of Criminal Justice for a national audience on March 20, 2014. Catch the archived webinar on “Evaluation in Action: Lessons Learned from Colorado’s Juvenile Diversion Program” at: https://www.nttac.org/index.cfm?event=trainingCenter.traininginfo&eventID=586&from=training&dtab=0. The webinar was sponsored by JRSA (Justice Research and Statistics Association) and NJJEC (National Juvenile Justice Evaluation Center). For a summary of the evaluation and results, see the National Juvenile Justice Evaluation Center newsletter at: http://www.jrsa.org/njjec/newsletters/njjec-bulletin-january2014.pdf.
Date To Expire: 5/1/2014 1:40 PM
- Congratulations to OMNI’s Katie Page, MPH, who was appointed to the Mayor’s Denver Drug Strategies Commission! She was recently elected by commission members to co-chair the data subcommittee with Regina Huerter, Manager of Safety Office, Crime Prevention and Control Commission.
Date To Expire: 6/1/2014 1:35 PM
- Please check out “Why is screening and brief Intervention for alcohol in healthcare not yet standard practice? The role of evaluation in understanding SBI adoption,” a new blog article written by OMNI’s Melissa Richmond, PhD, available at SBIRT Colorado’s website: http://improvinghealthcolorado.org/evaluation-supporting-sbi/.
Date To Expire: 6/2/2014 1:30 PM
- OMNI’s Regional Prevention Services project, funded by the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health, has staff certified by the National Council on Community Behavioral Healthcare to provide Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training. MHFA provides skills to empower individuals to help community members who might be developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. OMNI staff member, Mandy McCullen’s recent MHFA training in Littleton was captured in this article: http://littletonindependent.net/stories/Class-tackles-mental-health-issues,148749. For more information about MHFA training, please see: https://protect.omni.org/sites/rpsco/Pages/MHFA.aspx.
Date To Expire: 5/1/2014 1:25 PM
Date: October 12th, 2013Congratulations to OMNI’s Emily Love, PhD, on her recent publication in a special issue of the Journal of Learning Design, with Debra Flanders Cushing of the Queensland University of Technology! Catch their article, “Developing cultural responsiveness in environmental design students through digital storytelling and photovoice,” vol. 6, no. 3, 2013, pp. 63-74.
Date To Expire: 5/1/2014 1:20 PM