- Please join us in congratulating Anu Atre, OMNI’s 2013-14 Colorado College Public Interest Fellow! After completing her year-long fellowship at OMNI Institute, Ms. Atre will be joining the International Rescue Committee in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, for a year-long position in their grants and program unit. We wish Ms. Atre continued success in pursuing her professional career in humanitarian work! Thank you for year of service with OMNI! For more information about Colorado College’s fellowship program, please see: http://www.coloradocollege.edu/offices/publicinterest/.
Date To Expire: 6/1/2014 1:50 PM
- On May 15th, Jean Denious, PhD, co-presented “Evaluation of Juvenile Diversion in Colorado – What Have We Learned?” with Meg Williams of the Colorado Division of Criminal Justice at the 2014 Colorado Collaborative Justice Conference. For more information about the conference, please see: http://www.courts.state.co.us/Administration/Program.cfm?Program=45.
Date To Expire: 5/1/2014 1:45 PM
- On April 16, 2014, the Colorado Outdoor Stewardship Coalition (COSC) held a legislative reception to promote dialogue about partnership opportunities between outdoor volunteer stewardship organizations and public land management agencies. This reception also marked the release of COSC’s newest report, “Caring for Colorado Public Lands: A Statewide Assessment to Inform Partnerships between Public Land Management Agencies and Volunteer Stewardship Organizations,” prepared by OMNI Institute. To see the report, please access: http://www.voc.org/publications-reports.
Date To Expire: 6/1/2014 1:45 PM
Date: March 20, 2014OMNI’s Jean Denious, PhD, co-presented the following Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention webinar with Meg Williams of the Division of Criminal Justice for a national audience on March 20, 2014. Catch the archived webinar on “Evaluation in Action: Lessons Learned from Colorado’s Juvenile Diversion Program” at: https://www.nttac.org/index.cfm?event=trainingCenter.traininginfo&eventID=586&from=training&dtab=0. The webinar was sponsored by JRSA (Justice Research and Statistics Association) and NJJEC (National Juvenile Justice Evaluation Center). For a summary of the evaluation and results, see the National Juvenile Justice Evaluation Center newsletter at: http://www.jrsa.org/njjec/newsletters/njjec-bulletin-january2014.pdf.
Date To Expire: 5/1/2014 1:40 PM
- Congratulations to OMNI’s Katie Page, MPH, who was appointed to the Mayor’s Denver Drug Strategies Commission! She was recently elected by commission members to co-chair the data subcommittee with Regina Huerter, Manager of Safety Office, Crime Prevention and Control Commission.
Date To Expire: 6/1/2014 1:35 PM
- OMNI’s Regional Prevention Services project, funded by the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health, has staff certified by the National Council on Community Behavioral Healthcare to provide Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training. MHFA provides skills to empower individuals to help community members who might be developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. OMNI staff member, Mandy McCullen’s recent MHFA training in Littleton was captured in this article: http://littletonindependent.net/stories/Class-tackles-mental-health-issues,148749. For more information about MHFA training, please see: https://protect.omni.org/sites/rpsco/Pages/MHFA.aspx.
Date To Expire: 5/1/2014 1:25 PM
- Please check out “Why is screening and brief Intervention for alcohol in healthcare not yet standard practice? The role of evaluation in understanding SBI adoption,” a new blog article written by OMNI’s Melissa Richmond, PhD, available at SBIRT Colorado’s website: http://improvinghealthcolorado.org/evaluation-supporting-sbi/.
Date To Expire: 6/2/2014 1:30 PM
Date: October 12th, 2013Congratulations to OMNI’s Emily Love, PhD, on her recent publication in a special issue of the Journal of Learning Design, with Debra Flanders Cushing of the Queensland University of Technology! Catch their article, “Developing cultural responsiveness in environmental design students through digital storytelling and photovoice,” vol. 6, no. 3, 2013, pp. 63-74.
Date To Expire: 5/1/2014 1:20 PM
Date: October 8th-10th 2013OMNI staff, Emily Love, PhD, and Amber Murray, MA, were in attendance at the Colorado Watersheds Conference in Avon, Colorado from October 8th-10th 2013. OMNI Institute also had an exhibit at the conference.
Date To Expire: 6/1/2014 1:10 PM
Date: October 8-16, 2013OMNI Institute is pleased to be offering services to support the administration of Colorado’s Student Perception Survey for the 2013 – 2014 school year! To learn more, please register and attend one of our live informational webinars offered on October 8, 9, 15 and 16. Colorado’s Student Perception Survey (SPS) is a tool that asks students about their classroom experience. The survey can be used for students in grades 3-12, and measures different elements of the student experience that have been demonstrated by research to improve student outcomes. Results of the survey map on to Colorado’s Teacher Quality Standards, and can be used by teachers to understand how to continue to grow in the standards related to professional practice. In addition to supporting teacher performance, the SPS may also be used as a measure of teacher evaluation under Colorado’s education effectiveness law (also known as Senate Bill 191).
Date To Expire: 10/16/2013 8:25 PM