- Congratulations to the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program on its Honorable Mention Award from the National Association of State Personnel Executives! The National Association of State Personnel Executives selected the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP) as a rare second-place honorable mention for the Eugene H. Rooney, Jr. Award for an Innovative State Human Resource Management Program. C-SEAP will receive the honorable mention at NASPE’s annual conference in July. In partnership with SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment) Colorado, an initiative of the Governor, and Health TeamWorks, a multi-stakeholder collaborative working to promote integrated communities of care using evidence-based medicine and innovative systems, the Colorado Department of Personnel & Administration launched a new SBIRT initiative through the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP) in July 2009. The goal was to better identify and assist employees at risk for depression, suffering from untreated depression, and/or engaging in risky substance use. One year later, in July 2010, C-SEAP expanded the project to incorporate the Chestnut Global Partners Workplace Outcome Suite (WOS), an empirically validated measurement tool designed to quantify the relationship between EAP intervention and workplace outcomes. The results were revealed in a recent study conducted by Colorado-based OMNI Institute involving more than 1,900 C-SEAP clients: employees demonstrated statistically significant improvements in absenteeism, presenteeism, and workplace distress following C-SEAP services. EAP services make a difference.
Date To Expire: 7/31/2013 11:45 AM
- Congratulations to Elizabeth Pace, Executive Director of Peer Assistance Services, Inc., on her recent election to the Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse (AMERSA)'s Executive Committee for 2013-2015!
Date To Expire: 7/31/2013 11:40 AM
- Congratulations to staff member, Erin Ingoldsby, PhD, and other researchers on their recent publication in Prevention Science! The article features evaluation results on an intervention designed to increase participant retention and engagement in community practice settings of the Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP), an evidence-based program of nurse home visiting for low income, first-time parents. The final publication is available at http://www.link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11121-013-0410-x.
Date To Expire: 7/31/2013 11:35 AM
Employee Assistance Research Foundation Research Grant Awarded to OMNI and the Colorado State Employee Assistance ProgramCongratulations to staff member, Melissa Richmond, PhD, and our partner, the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP) on receiving a prestigious research grant award from the Employee Assistance Research Foundation! EARF issued $100,000 Grant to OMNI for a new Employee Assistance Program research project to advance research in the field. EAPs offer employees access to professional, confidential counseling and referral services for a range of issues frequently including grief and stress management, financial issue, life changes and substance abuse. For more information about the research grant, please see press releases for EARF and C-SEAP.
Date To Expire: 7/31/2013 11:15 AM
Date: June 2013Colorado will be joining 47 other States as well as 15 other countries in credentialing prevention professionals! This is an exciting time for Colorado and the practice of prevention. The internationally recognized Certification for Prevention Specialist is the world's gold standard to demonstrate competency in the field. Please join one of four meetings, where officials from the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health will explain how this new credential will:
Denver: 9:30-11:30am, Tues., June 4th at The Denver Press Club (1330 Glenarm Place, Denver)
Pueblo: 9:30-11:30am, Fri., June 7th at The Pueblo Convention Center (320 Central Main St., Pueblo)
Grand Junction: 9:30-11:30am, Tues., June 25th at Two Rivers Convention Center (159 Main St., Grand Junction)
Durango: 9:30-11:30am, Tues., June 26th at The DoubleTree Hotel (501 Camino Del Rio, Durango)
These events are free and open to the public. To reserve seating, please contact Lisa Finch, manager of Community Prevention Programs for the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health. You can reach her at 303-866-7488 or email@example.com.Learn much more about the new Certification for Prevention Specialist at www.copreventionworks.com.
Section: TA and Training
Date To Expire: 6/26/2013 1:45 PM
Date: May 28 - May 31, 2013OMNI staff members: Laura Landry, PhD, Laura S. Rivera, PhD, Melissa Richmond, PhD, and Katie Page, MPH, had papers and posters accepted for presentation at the SPR 21st Annual Meeting – The Science of Prevention: Building a Comprehensive National Strategy for Well-being.
Landry, L. (2013, May). Population-Based Outcome Measurement Through the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF): Reflections on Colorado’s Experience. Organized Paper Symposium: State and National Outcomes from the Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant (SPF SIG) Program, Cohorts I and II.
Rivera, L. (presenting), Richmond, M., Page, K., Reimann, B., & Fischer, L. (2013, May). Screening and Brief Intervention as a Model to Identify and Reduce Marijuana Use Among Patients Seeking Health Care.
For information about Society for Prevention Research(SPR) and to register for this conference, visit http://www.preventionresearch.org/2013-annual-meeting/.
Date To Expire: 5/31/2013 1:05 PM
Date: July 23-25The Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST) is designed to provide an understanding of the discipline of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse (ATOD) prevention, as it relates to communities , providers and volunteers. This is a fun and interactive training that focuses on practical application and is geared towards professional prevention providers.For Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST) Registration and schedules visit http://collaboration.omni.org/sites/sapst/Pages/Home.aspx.
Section: TA and Training
Blog Sort Order: 0
Date To Expire: 7/23/2013 1:05 PM
- Melissa K. Richmond, PhD, Katie Page, MPH, Laura S. Rivera, PhD, Brie Reimann, MPA , & Leigh Fischer, MPH (In Press). Trends in Detection Rates of Risky Marijuana Use in ColoradoHealthcare Settings. Substance Abuse. Read abstract»
Date To Expire: 6/4/2013 1:05 PM
- Irene V. Blair, PhD, Edward P. Havranek, MD, David W. Price, MD, Rebecca Hanratty, MD, Diane L. Fairclough, DrPH, Tillman Farley, MD, Holen K. Hirsh, PhD, and John F. Steiner, MD, MPH.(2013). Assessment of biases against Latinos and African Americans among primary care providers and community members. American Journal of Public Health. 103( 1): 92 -98. Read abstract»
Date To Expire: 6/4/2013 1:25 PM
- Jennifer L. Shepherd, PhD, and Frank O’Caňa. (in press). Committed to the community, The Atlas HIV prevention program. Health Promotion Practice. Doi:10.1177/1524839912465412.
Date To Expire: 6/4/2013 1:25 PM